Herbed Lamb Chops with Greek Couscous Salad
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb loin chops, (about 8), trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Put water on to boil in a medium saucepan.
Combine garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl. Press the garlic mixture into both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, stir couscous into the boiling water. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine. Serve the couscous with the lamb chops.
Per serving: 333 calories; 14 g fat (6 g sat, 5 g mono); 121 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 442 mg potassium.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese-&-Pesto-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgundy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken with Mushroom sauce/pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sun Dried Tomato Linguine with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Ginger Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberries Flambeed with Hot Ice... 0/5 (0 Votes)