Celebration Beef & Shrimp Stir-Fry
First tried March 2002. Great flavor.
- 1/2 lb. boneless tender beef
- 2 T. cornstarch, divided
- 2 tsp. plus 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. plus 1 T. dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli
- 3 T. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices.( I use pre shredded carrots)
- 1 onion, chunked
Cut beef across grain into thin slices; coat with mixture of 1 T. cornstarch, 2 tsp. each soy sauce and sherry, ginger and garlic. Let stand 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, blend remaining cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry and 1/2 cup water; set aside.
Cut broccoli flowerets into bite-sized pieces.
Heat 1 T. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add beef and stir-fry 1 minute longer; remove.
Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add broccoli, carrots and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Sprinkle 2 T. water over vegetables; cover and steam 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add beef and soy sauce mixtures; cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, about 1 minute.