Louisiana Pepper Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Crisco Shortening or Crisco Oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (without salt or fat)
1. Rinse and dry chicken.
2. Combine salt and cayenne. Sprinkle on chicken. Coat with flour.
3. Heat Crisco Shortening or Crisco Oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Saute chicken on both sides until browned and center is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Remove to serving plate. Keep warm.
4. Add green and re peppers and green onions to skillet. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in parsley. Spoon over chicken.
5. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme to skillet. Cook on high heat until reduced to about one-half cup. Pour over chicken breasts. Serve with rice.
460 CALORIES/FAT 15 g(132 CAL or 29% of total calories)/SAT FAT 2 g(<5% of total calories)/CARB 47 g/PROTEIN 33 g/CHOL 70 mg/SODIUM 540 mg