Turkey-Vegetable Pot Pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced carrot
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled sweet potato
- 3/4 cup sliced peeled parsnip
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot, sweet potato, parsnip and onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender.
In large bowl, stir together soup, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in turkey and cooked vegetables. Pour into baking dish.
Unroll dough on cutting board; cut into strips with fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter. Arrange strips in lattice design over turkey mixture. Brush dough with melted butter.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.