Butterfinger Cheese Cake
Makes 10 two inch cheesecakes or one 8 inch cheesecake.
- 9 oz mini size butterfingers (about 24 mini size Butterfingers)
- 3 oz pretzels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Buttercup and Pretzel mixture
- Chocolate Pouring Glaze:
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 4-5 tablespoons water, warm
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
1. Combine Butterfingers and pretzels in a food processor bowl or blender and process until finely ground. Measure out ½ cup Butterfinger and Pretzel mixture and set aside.
2. Press remaining mixture into pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool. (No need for butter the chocolate will melt and bind the crust together.)
Pour ¼ cup of cold water into a shallow, heat-proof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water and set aside for five minute until gelatin blooms. Place bowl of bloomed gelatin in microwave at 50% power and heat for 10 seconds. Mixture should be hot, but not steaming. Make sure mixture is liquidified and no lumps are visible. Set aside.
Place heavy cream into a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on high until medium peaks form. Set aside.
Add cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, salt, Butterfinger and Pretzel mixture, in a bowl and beat until smooth.
Add one tablespoon of gelatin into cream cheese mixture at a time and gently fold to combine. Add heavy cream mixture and fold to combine.
Transfer mixture to a pastry bag and pipe into wells. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best result. For smooth and even sides, use an offset spatula and run it along the edge of the removable bottom, using that as a guide, continue all the way around the mini cake until you end up where you started.
Chocolate Pouring Glaze:
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water. Let chocolate and cream sit for 2-3 minutes to melt without stirring. Then slowly stir mixture to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition until pouring consistency is reached. Set aside and let sauce cool to warm.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Combine all ingredients and beat to combine.
1. Pour warm glaze on top of cheesecake and pipe a dollop of peanut butter cream cheese frosting on top. Return to fridge for an hour or until 20 minutes before serving.