- 1 pound pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 ( 10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used 5 oz. package of shredded Parmesan Cheese)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage; cook through until no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. Add broth, basil and tomatoes with liquid. I drained most of the liquid just before adding pasta.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce. Add chopped spinach; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is tender.
Add pasta to skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
I added a 5 oz. package of shredded Parmesan Cheese and mixed it all up till the cheese melted, then served immediately.