Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temp.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth. On low, beat in flour mixture.
2. For each cookie, roll one rounded tsp dough into 1" ball; place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake in 350 degree oven 10 min until puffed. Let stand 2 min on sheet. Remove cookies to rack; let cool.
4. FILLING: In bowl, mix peanut butter and sugar. Spread flat side of the cookies with 1 rounded tsp filling; top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate until firm, 30 min.
5. In small bowl, microwave chips and oil at 100% power 1 min; stir until melted. Dip cookies halfway into chocolate; let excess drain off. Place on waxed paper lined sheets. Drizzle with remaining chocolate. Refrigerate to set.