- 1 can refrigerated large biscuits
- 3/4 cup refried beans, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup prepared taco meat, divided
- Optional garnishes: chopped tomato, chopped green onions, sour cream, salsa
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Flatten each biscuit on the foil using the heel of your hand, starting at the center and working your way outward.
Spread one tablespoon of refried beans onto flattened biscuit.
Top beans with a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Add a heaping tablespoon of taco meat mixture.
Fold the biscuit in half and seal the edges with your fingers. Crimp the edges and poke a few holes in top with a fork. Place on baking sheet.
Drizzle top of empanada with taco meat juice and another tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Repeat for remainder of the empanadas.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.