Grilled Rainbow Trout In Grape Leaves
- YELLOW TOMATO COULIS PAPAYA SAUCE:
- 4 rainbow trout fillets - (5 oz ea) pinbones removed
- 4 teaspoons capers crushed and minced
- 4 teaspoons whipped unsalted butter
- 8 sprigs fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 grape leaves freshly steamed
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes roasted
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1/2 ripe papaya peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Bring the unsalted butter to room temperature, then mix the capers, salt, and pepper in with fork. Apply evenly but not liberally to the top of each trout fillet. Add two sprigs of dill to the top of each of the buttered fillets. Wrap each fillet tightly with the wine-poached grape leaves then refrigerate for approximately 1/2 hour.
Pan roast tomatoes in a light amount of olive oil until lightly browned, then remove skin and seeds. Repeat the process with garlic. Puree the sauce ingredients together in a blender and refrigerate.
On a pre-heated grill, mark off the trout fillets approximately 4 minutes on each side or until meat is tender and flaky. Present flattened with grape leaves butterflied open and naped with the sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.