Little Red Hen Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (fresh or completely thawed)
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 and 1/2 cups French dressing
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
Place the chicken, French dressing, sriracha, salt, pepper and oregano in a large, heavy duty Ziploc bag. Remove as much air from bag as possible. Place in a bowl and chill in fridge until ready to cook. (2 to 8 hours is a good amount of time to marinate the chicken.)
Wash potatoes while still whole and place them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until you can pierce them with a fork. Cut into bite sized pieces. Microwaving insures that your potatoes won’t still be hard when your chicken has finished cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 9×13 glass baking dish with olive oil or butter. Place chicken, marinade, potatoes and onion in baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, turn heat up to 400 degrees F, and bake an additional 30 minutes or just until chicken juices run clear when chicken is sliced. Plate and serve.