Per serving: Calories 90, Protein 8 g, Carbs 14 g, Dietary Fiber 3.7 g, Sugars 5.6 g, Fat 1.3 g, Cholesterol .08 mg
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fresh Broccoli florets, to garnish (optional)
1. Mix chopped broccoli, broth, onion, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Adding more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, reduce to medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes.
3. Move broccoli mixture to food processor. Puree until smooth.
4. Mix in milk and return broccoli mixture to saucepan cooking on low heat until hot.
5. Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls just before serving. Serve with toasted baguette
Serving Suggestions: Serve with baked, sweet potato chips and a big, mixed green salad.