Mother's pepper steak recipe
- 2 lbs. round steak cut in 2" strips
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 2 green peppers cut in 1" squares
- 4 large stalks celery sliced diagonally
- 1 can of water chestnuts sliced
- 1 can mushroom caps + 1 can stems & pieces
- 1 can of Delmonmte tomato wedges
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
Brown meat in oil - add beef broth, onions, salt, pepper to taste.
Cook until fork tender 1-1 1/2 hours
Add peppers, celery, mushrooms & chestnuts and cook ten minutes. Peppers should be crisp but slightly tender. Thicken with mixture of corn starch, soy sauce & water. Just before serving add tomatoes. Serve on rice.