Stuffed Mexican Pizza Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 c Uncle Ben's instant rice
- 2 cans (14.5oz ea)Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 c water
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese blend, divided
- 1 package (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough
Preheat oven to 425 and spray 13x9 pan with Pam.
Heat skillet over high heat and add beef, onion, bell pepper; cook and stir 5 min or until meat is no longer pink.
Add rice, stewed tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Pour beef mixture over mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 c cheeseand stir until blended.
Unroll pizza dough on work surface. Place dough in one even layer over mixture in pan. Cut 6-8 slits in dough with sharp knife. Bake 10 min or until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle top of crust with remaining 3/4 c cheese and continue baking for 4 min or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.
Let stand 5 min before cutting.