- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 T. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 large onions chopped medium dice
- 8 oz. can stems & pieces mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large cans diced tomatoes (or equivalent fresh)
- 1 large can tomato puree
- 1 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
Spread meat in baking pan and cook in 350 degree oven until brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine next 7 ingredients and cook in large pot, stirring. Drain fat off meat and add to saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 2 hours.
This freezes well. Doubles well. Core recipe makes 14 to 18 servings.