Sweet Potato with Kale and Ricotta
Sweet, salty, and spicy -- with a garlic kick -- this dish captures a range of tasty flavors.
Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 1 hour
- Serves 4
- 4 * 4 medium sweet potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each), pricked all over with a fork
- 2 * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 * 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 * 1 bunch kale (about 1 1/4 pounds), thick stems removed, leaves torn into large pieces and washed with water left clinging
- * Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 to 2 * 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 * 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake until easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high. Add garlic; cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to a paper towel to drain.
3. Add as much kale as will fit in the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Continue to add kale as the leaves cook down. Cook, tossing frequently until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and red-pepper flakes.
4. Open each potato; add salt and pepper. Top with ricotta, kale, and garlic.