Chili Roleno Breakfast Casserole from Lori
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) whole green chili peppers
- 3 -3 cup (12 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 -4 green onions
- 3 -3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 -6 eggs
- 4 -4 cups milk
- 3/4 -3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 -1/4 t. salt
- 2 -2 cans ( 7 ounces each) green chili salsa
Split chili peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and pith.
Spread chilis in a single layer in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese, green onions, and 1 ½ cup of the
mozzarella cheese over the chilies.
In a bowl, beat eggs with flour and salt together until smooth.
Pour over chilis and cheese. Bake in a 325’ oven for 50
minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, mix salsa and the remaining 1 ½ c. mozzarella
cheese. Sprinkle over casserole and return to oven for
10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.