CANDY KISSES COOKIES
Iris Riggs Tolley
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 60 milk chocolate, white, or chocolate-striped candy kisses, unwrapped
- 2 ounces white chocolate baking bar or vanilla flavored candy coating
- 1 teaspoon Crisco shortening
Heat oven to 350deg. In medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and butter. Cook and stir over very low heat until chips are melted and smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk. Mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off. In medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, chocolate mixture and vanilla. Mix well. Shape 1 tablespoonful (use measuring spoon) of dough around each candy kiss, covering completely. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350deg for 6 to 8 minutes. Cookies will be soft and appear shiny, but become firm as they cool. Do not over bake. Remove from cookie sheets; cool.
In small saucepan combine white baking bar and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yields: 5 dozen cookies, 110 calories per cookie; 5 grams fat per cookie.