- 6 * 6 green bell peppers
- * salt to taste
- 1 * 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 * 1/3 cup chopped onion
- * salt and pepper to taste
- 1 * 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 * 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup water
- 1 * 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 * 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- * water as needed
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
4. Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.