Zucchini & Tomato Frittata
Covering the onion and zucchini for a few minutes while they cook helps them steam evenly; once the pan is uncovered, let the liquid evaporate so the frittata will be firm.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 medium zucchini, (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded shredded white cheddar
- 3 medium (1 pound) vine ripe tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Add onion, zucchini, and thyme; cook, covered, stirring often, until tender but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook until all the liquid in the pan evaporates. Season with salt and pepper; remove skillet from heat.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over zucchini, gently lifting zucchini to allow eggs to coat bottom of pan. Arrange tomatoes in an overlapping pattern on top.
Return skillet to medium-low heat, and cook until sides are set yet still slightly runny on top, 15 to 20 minutes. Place in oven, and cook until the center is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer, and the tomatoes are browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven; gently slide a heatproof spatula around the edges and underneath to loosen from skillet. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- BBQ Pulled Pork Hash 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Radish, Orange & Goat Cheese Salad 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Quinoa Pumpkin-Apple Crumble 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Fried Green Tomato BLT 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut-Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion & Cheese... 4.2/5 (58 Votes)