Lemon-Rosemary Chicken - Slow Cooker
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 4-lb. whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Halve lemon and place inside cavity of chicken along with rosemary, garlic and 2 Tbsp. butter.
Fold wings under chicken and tie legs together with string.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place chicken, breast side up, on a small rack inside slow cooker.
Cook on high until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180ºF, 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
Preheat broiler to high.
Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Transfer chicken, breast side up, to a foil-lined baking sheet.
Brush chicken with melted butter and broil to brown skin, 2 to 3 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes on a cutting board before carving and serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)