Chicken Fried Steak
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tenderized steaks - (to 6)
- 1 large egg lightly beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup Bisquick or other buttermilk baking mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge the steaks in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg mixture and coat with the Bisquick.
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the steaks over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm.
Use the drippings in the pan to make your milk gravy.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.