Sauteed Red Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 crisp green apple (such as Granny Smith), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red cabbage (about 1 pound), cored and shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
Cook the pierogi according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the apple, cabbage, parsley, vinegar, caraway seeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until the cabbage is slightly wilted but still crunchy, 4 to 5 minutes.
Serve with the pierogi and sour cream, if using.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Zero Point Weight Watchers Cabbage... 4.4/5 (146 Votes)
- Country Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (111 Votes)