Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Zucchini and chocolate chips make a tasty sweet quickbread! Sour cream and applesauce make this recipe extra moist. Perfect with coffee or tea.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter an 8 by 4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides and butter the parchment, or butter pan and lightly dust with flour.
In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg for 20 seconds, set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, blend together sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
Add dry ingredients then mix on low speed just until combined.
Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips, reserving 1 tablespoon chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with reserved chocolate chips.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. Tent the loaf with foil at about 45 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
Cool in loaf pan about 3 minutes, then run a sharp knife around edges of loaf.
Remove loaf. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
Transfer to an airtight container or gallon size resealable bag to seal in moisture and soften crust.
When cool, cut into slices to serve.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- BBQ Hot Dog Potato Foil Pack 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallows 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Garlic Bread Pizza Sticks 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Authentic Chile con Queso 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Butternut Squash 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Blondies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Herb Dinner Bread 4.5/5 (14 Votes)