- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, choppped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (10 3/4 oz)can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (16 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package spaghetti
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese cubes
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Cook first 5 ingredients stirring until meat crumbles. Drain. Put in large pan. Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally. Cook spaghetti. Drain.
Stir spaghetti and cheese cubes into meat sauce. Spoon mixture into greased 11x7 inch baking dish. Cover and bake 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
NOTE: You can prepare ahead, omitting shredded cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove from fridge. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Cover and bake 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 10 minutes.