Baked Stuffed Tomatoes With Feta and Roasted Peppers
- 4 ripe but firm medium tomatoes
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium fire-roasted red, yellow, or orange bell peppers from a can or jar, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled banana peppers
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
Core and hollow out tomatoes, using a melon baller or a teaspoon. Set upside down on paper towels and allow to drain.
Meanwhile, combine feta, roasted peppers, pickled peppers, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Season with black pepper and gently stir to combine.
Fill tomatoes with feta mixture. Nestle stuffed tomatoes together, right side up, in an 8- by 8-inch baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until tomatoes are tender and slightly wrinkled and the filling is warm, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.