Roasted shrimp and Orzo
- Roasted shrimp and Orzo
- Kosher salt
- Good olive oil
- 3/4 pound orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (16 to 18 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 3/4 pound good feta cheese, large diced
preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil,
and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until it's cooked a1 dente. Drain and pour into a
large bowl. whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons
salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and
sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single
layer. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Don't
overcook! Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.