Braised Sea Bass, Fennel, Kalamata Olives, Saffron Risotto
- 4 pieces Chilean sea bass - (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bulbs fennel
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 whole lemon peel removed
- 1 cup chicken stock or fish bouillon
Slice fennel into 1/4-inch pieces, place in pot with 3 cups water and lemon. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Discard lemon, drain, and set aside.
Saute chopped onion in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes. Add 1 pinch saffron and risotto and stir. Add water in 1/2 cup increments and stir constantly as water evaporates. Continue to add water and stir until risotto is cooked but still al dente.
Season sea bass with salt and pepper and place in a braising pan with fennel, kalamata olives, orange zest, 2 tablespoons butter, chicken stock or fish bouillon, and white wine. Cook at 400 degrees for 6 to 10 minutes until fish is tender but cooked through.
Divide risotto on 4 plates and place the fish on top. Place fennel and olive mixture around the fish and serve with some braising liquid.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4/5 (180 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)