- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- (or 1 1/2 tspns dried thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin beef trimmed of fat, and cut into 12 cubes, 1 1/4" each
- 1 large red bell pepper cored, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper cored, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn - (abt 6" ea) cut crosswise
- into 4 pieces
- 1 large onion peeled, root end
- left intact cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce - (to 1 1/2 cups) optional
- Fresh herb sprigs (optional)
In large bowl using wire whisk or fork, beat oil, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and black pepper to blend well. Add beef, peppers, corn, and onion, toss gently but thoroughly to coat with marinade. Refrigerate while you prepare grill.
Start fire in grill, placing rack 6 inches above coals. When coals are medium-hot, after about 15 minutes, divide beef chunks and vegetable pieces equally among four 12-inch metal skewers. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cook 10 to 12 mintues until beef is medium-rare and vegetables are lightly browned and tender. Turn kabobs frequently during cooking, brushing, if desired, with barbecue sauce.
If desired, serve garnished with fresh herbs and accompanied by additional barbecue sauce, heated.
This recipe yields 4 servings.