Banana, Buttermilk, Buckwheat Pancakes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs or equivalent egg beaters
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and diced
- Brown sugar
- Banana slices
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat eggs lightly with olive oil. Add buttermilk then add bananas to liquid. Add liquid ingredients to dry and mix until all flour is moistened. Cook in non stick skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat.
Serve 2 pancakes per person. Garnish tops of pancakes with 3 or 4 slices of banana and a little brown sugar.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.