Baked Walleye With Wild Rice
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 can mushrooms - (8 oz) chopped
- 8 fresh walleye filets
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 6 ounces sliced almonds
- 1/2 pound butter
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook wild rice. In 4 ounces of butter, saute onions until almost clear. Add the mushrooms and the cooked wild rice.
Season the filets with salt and pepper. Roll in bread crumbs. Place the filets in oven and bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
In 1/2 pound of butter, saute the sliced almonds. Serve the filets with wild rice on the side. Spoon the butter and almonds over the filets and rice. Garnish.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Paleo Lobster Eggs Benedict with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Crunchy Salmon Taco Bites (David... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Patties 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Walleye Gumbo 3.9/5 (9 Votes)