Sweet Corn Soup with Crab
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 1 TBS oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add corn, salt, and pepper; saute 3 minutes. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 6 minutes.
2. Place corn mixture and cream in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, blend soup mixture in pan using an immersion blender).
3. Place peas in a small bowl; mash slightly with a fork. Stir in remaining 1 TBS oil, basil, and crab; serve over soup.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 11 Weight Watchers points.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo SWEET POTATO CAKE WITH PALEO... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Corned Beef Braid 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon-Basil Grilled Shrimp &... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Blackened Shrimp Stroganoff 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Crab, Avocado and Mango Salsa... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)