Peach Marinade - 2 options
Two recipe options for peach marinade, Peaches in Brown Sugar & Thyme or Peaches in Sherry Vinegar and Rosemary. Both are good as a garnish on meat, added to salads and over ice cream. Also works great on pancakes, in ice cream floats or as a spice sweet cocktail.
- OPTION 1: Peaches in Brown Sugar & Thyme
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted and sliced, diced or cut into wedges.
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- OPTION 2: Peaches in Sherry Vinegar and Rosemary
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted and sliced, diced or cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark spiced rum (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
For both option 1 & 2:
Combine all ingredients in medium bowel and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes to 24 hours. Then refrigerate. Keeps well for 2-3 days.