Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
great coffee cake with a buttery coffe crumb shortbread like crust
- 2 c flour
- 2 t instant coffee granules
- 2 c finrmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz carton sour cream
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 lg egg beaten
- 1 1/2 c chopped pecans
1. preheat oven 350'
2. Combine flour,coffee granules, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press half of this mixture into a 9 inch square pan.
4. Combine sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir well. Add to remaining crumb mixture stirring just until dry ingredients are mositened.
5. Add egg, stirring gently to combine. Pour sour cream mixture over crumb crust in pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
6. Bake 45 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.