Three-Cheese Ziti and Smoked Chicken Casserole
- 12 ounces dried cut ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded Asiago cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 cup finely shredded fontina cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped smoked chicken or shredded purchased roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs) or fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons truffle-flavor oil or melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in flour, salt, and white pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add Asiago cheese, fontina cheese, and blue cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in chicken. Stir chicken mixture into cooked pasta.
3. Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole. In a small bowl, combine panko and truffle oil; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe 6 servings Calories 753, Total Fat (g) 39, Saturated Fat (g) 22, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 7, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 141, Sodium (mg) 953, Carbohydrate (g) 56, Total Sugar (g) 9, Fiber (g) 2, Protein (g) 43, Vitamin C (DV%) 1, Calcium (DV%) 66, Iron (DV%) 14, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet