Spicy Bean and Rice Burritos
Spicy bean and rice burritos – easy and delicious! These are awesome for lunch, dinner or a snack! The best part of this recipe is that it only takes 15 minutes to make.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 whole pepper from can chipotles in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon sauce from can chipotles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounce) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cups Water
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked as directed on package
- 1/4 cups fresh salsa
- TACO ASSEMBLY:
- 6 whole tortillas, burrito sized, warmed
- 8 ounces, cheese, shredded
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded, more as desired
- 4 whole green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces, fluid fat-free Greek yogurt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle, adobo sauce, cumin, and cayenne. Cook briefly until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
Add in drained and rinsed beans and water. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes, mashing the bean mixture slightly. Remove from heat and stir in rice and salsa.
Divide mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, lettuce, green onions, and Greek yogurt. Roll up, and serve!