ZUCCHINI PAPPARDELLE WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijor mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (1/2 lb. zucchini or 2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp coarsely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 20 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz. feta cheese, prefeerably french, cut inot small dice (1 cup)
- 3 ounces pitted calamataa olives, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 oz. pitted calamata olives, chopped (1/2 cup)
1. Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbls of the olive oil with the lemon juice, mustard, honey and lemon zest and season the dressing with salt and pepper
2. Using a mandoline,m slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8” thick “pappardelle”.turning the zucchini and slicing on 4 sides only until the seeds in the central portion are reached; discard the zucchini centers.
3. In a small bowl, combine the garlic with the thyme, rosemary,, crushed red pepper and the remaining 1tbls of olive oil. Spread the zucchini slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush them with the garlic and herb oil. Broil for about 3 min. Or until the zucchini is browned on top.
4. Spread the cherry tomatoes on another baking sheet and broil for about 1 min. Or until they are lightly browned on top.
5. Add the tomatoes to the zucchini and drizzle with the mustard dressing. Toss the vegetables well and transfer to plate or a platter. Top with the feta and olives and serve.