Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
This is a new take on Shrimp Scampi. Recipe came recommended to me by one of our BBQ friends, David Mauro.
- 2 (3- to 3 1/2-lb.) spaghetti squashes
- 8 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 2 lg. shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from louisianacookin.com
1) Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) Prick squashes all over with a fork. Place on prepared baking sheet, and roast until tender, about 1 hour and 20 to 30 mins. Let cool 15 minutes, then slice in half lengthwise. Use a fork to shred squash and place flesh in a large bowl, discarding seeds and skins.
3) In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink and firm, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
4) Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes. Add wine and broth, increase heat to high, and reduce liquid by two-thirds. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, cream, capers, Creole seasoning, and red pepper. Cook until butter has melted and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in squash, shrimp, and parsley. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Bacon-and-Egg Potato Salad 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- "Fried" Onion Rings-Baked 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Cod in Butter Sauce 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Saucy Stuffed Zucchini 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Mango Barbecue Fish Tacos 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp-and-Pork Pan-Fried Noodles 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Tomato Lemon Chicken over... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)