Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8" - 1/4" slices
- 1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs, optional Panko (homemade breadcrumb recipe)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
Adapted from skinnyms.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray. We use Cassio Oil Spray Pump. Or, place zucchini on a wire rack sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
NOTE: Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Spaetzle With Caramelized... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Eggplant & Mushroom Monte... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Chilaquiles Verdes with... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bars 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Spinach... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)