Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
My family's favorite. This is a very meaty lasagna. We prefer it with cottage cheese, but you can easily substitute ricotta.
- 1 1⁄2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 ⁄2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 ⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from food.com
Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste; stirring until well mixed.
Cover and simmer 1 hour (or longer,but watch for getting too dry).
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 1 pound of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
Bake at 375F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. (I cover w/ foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.
Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
You'll also love
- Easy Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Wild Rice with Bacon and Fennel 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Quick Beef and Noodle Toss 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- ZZ Crock Pot Beef Short ribs 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)