- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon basil crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 chicken breast halves boned, skinned
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (dry)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped freshly-picked parsley garnish
Mix flour, basil, tarragon, paprika, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add chicken and toss gently to coat. Heat oil and butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, cook only a few seconds before adding chicken. Saute on both sides until golden brown. Pour in wine. Cover and cook until chicken is done, about 5 minutes.
Add grapes, broth and lemon juice and heat through. Transfer chicken and grapes to a platter using slotted spoon. Reduce by about half. Pour over chicken, garnish with parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.