Mile High Soft Taco Pie
No need to run to the border for this taco inspired dish, a tasty layered Mexican pie. Delicious!
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef or chopped boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 (8”-10”) flour tortillas
- 1 can (15 ounce) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounce) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef or chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in seasoning mix and cook as directed. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-high. Simmer uncovered 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in kidney beans and refried beans; heat until hot.
In un-greased 2-quart casserole, place 1 tortilla in pan, layer with 1/4 of the salsa, beef mixture and shredded cheese. Repeat layers, using up ingredients and ending with cheese on top.
Cover; bake 17 to 22 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let stand 5 minutes.