Muffins - Apple-Cinnamon Muffins 4pts
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple(s), Golden Delicious, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons unpacked brown sugar
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine buttermilk baking mix, egg, milk, granulated sugar and margarine in a medium bowl; pour into 6 paper-lined muffin cups.
Combine cinnamon, apple and brown sugar in a small bowl; spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture over each muffin. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes.
These moist, apple-topped muffins are so good you probably won't have any leftovers. But if you do, simply reheat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
POINTS Value: 4