Creamy Blueberry Pie
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen thaw and drain well)
- 1 (9) inch deep dish pie crust (I use a regular 9 inch crust with a baking sheet underneath it)
- For Custard.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream ( I used 2/3 cups sour cream)
- For Streusel topping
- 1/2 cup white sugar ( I used 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from sites.google.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the blueberries in the pastry shell and set aside.
Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended. Pour the sour cream custard over the blueberries.
In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in the butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.
Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
I covered the pie with foil for the first 20 minutes of baking to keep the crust from browning to much.