Rib Steak With Gravy
Steaks need little preparation, even with a wonderful gravy. Our recipe takes just minutes to make and even less time to cleanup!
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 rib steaks (3 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Place steaks on individual serving plates; cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Add garlic and bay leaves to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Stir in red wine, broth, and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minute longer.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, pepper, and water Mix well. Pour into skillet; cook stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Remove bay leaves. Spoon gravy over steaks. Serve immediately.