Red Bean Salad
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans - (15 oz ea) rinsed, and drained well
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 3 scallions, whites and greens chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 cup sweet red pepper relish
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil or vegetable oil (2 turns around bowl in a thin stream)
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well; adjust seasonings.
This recipe yields 1 1/2 quarts of salad, 6 servings.