Black Bean and Veggie Soup
- 2 T. EVOO
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (8.75oz.) cans Fiesta corn
- 1 (14.5oz.) can diced tomatoes
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- optional garnish: sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
In a large saucean, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots, and cook for 7 - 8 minutes until onions have softened. Add in celery and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
Add in cumin and chili powder, stirring and cooking for one minute.
Add stock, 1 1/2 cans of beans, corn, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining beans. Add to pot.
Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, or until flavors meld, and all vegetables are tender.
Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)