Spicy Grilled Talapia
- Mushroom Scallion Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (cremini)
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Grilled Broccoli and Carrots:
- 1 large bunch broccoli, sliced lengthwise (with stalks and florets intact)
- 1 bunch whole carrots, tops removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup Jamaican jerk seasoning marinade
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Mushroom Scallion Sauce: Melt butter in a large saute pan. Saute mushrooms and scallions for about 3 minutes. Stir in wine and heavy cream. Season with garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir until sauce thickens slightly. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Grits: Bring milk to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly for about 3 to 5 minutes until grits thicken to desired consistency. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Grilled Broccoli and Carrots: Heat grill to medium. Toss broccoli and carrots in olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Grill vegetables for about 6 minutes or until tender, turning them once halfway through. If room allows, grill tilapia at same time.
Tilapia: Heat grill to medium. Rinse and dry fillets and then rub with jerk seasoning. Grill tilapia for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
Plate entree by spooning grits on center of plate. Lay tilapia on top of grits. Lay the carrot slices on top of fish in a criss-cross manner and place broccoli stalk on the side of fish. Top with mushroom scallion sauce and serve immediately.