- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and guacamole, optional
In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and jalapenos in olive oil until tender and liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cilantro; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet; add one tortilla. Top with ½ cup cheese, 1/3 cup mushroom mixture and add another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole if desired.