Beef, Mushroom and Asparagus Bake
Did you know that the tongue can pick up on five basic tastes? Four of them might be easy to come up with off the top of your head (sweet, sour, bitter and salty), but the fifth is a bit more obscure: It’s called umami, a Japanese word that translates to “pleasant, savory taste.” This hearty dish will surely satisfy your umami taste craving! The mushrooms and asparagus stretch the half-pound of ground beef so well that you won’t even miss the other half!
- 1 can Pillsbury® Reduced Fat Crescents
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8-oz package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10.5-oz can Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces, reserving 6 uncut spears
- 3/4 cup Sargento® Reduced Fat Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Unroll the crescent rolls in the bottom of the baking dish, and pinch the seams together. Prebake the crust for 8 minutes.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onions, garlic and mushrooms about 12-15 minutes until the beef is no longer pink and the mushrooms are very soft. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up as it cooks. Drain any excess fat and return the beef to the skillet over low heat.
4. Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil. Blanch the asparagus pieces, and spears for 4-6 minutes, or until tender crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve in a bowl of ice water.
5. Drain the asparagus and add to the beef and mushroom mixture. Stir in the salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and mushroom soup.
6. Pour the beef mixture on top of the prebaked crust, and top with the mozzarella cheese. Lay the spears in a lattice pattern on top. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese melts.
You'll also love
- Toasted Coconut Martini 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Zucchini Fritters with sauce 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Potato Soup 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef Stew (Slow Cooker) 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Pork Roast (Pernil al Horno) 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef Tortilla Taco Casserole 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala (Southern Living) 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Dr. Fuhrman Black Forest Cream of... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)