Blueberry Pie Bites
These little mini-pies pack the same punch as an entire slice of pie, without all the guilt!
- Special Equipment Required:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 45 About 45 blueberries
- 1/8 cup raw or turbinado sugar
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water (egg wash)
- 1-1/2 " biscuit cutter
- pastry brush
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a pan with an edge so the pie bites don't roll away when you place them in the oven.
Lightly flour a clean work surface and unroll the refrigerated pie crust.
Use a 1 1/2 inch biscuit cutter to cut all your little pie bite circles out of the refrigerated pie crust.
Place 1 blueberry in the center of each circle. Sprinkle each one with a little sugar (you probably won't use all the sugar).
Fold up two sides of one of the circles like a taco. The grab the adjacent sides and pinch the corners. This makes a little pocket for the blueberries. You can dip your fingers in egg wash to pinch the corners if you can't get them to stick.
Brush each bite with the egg wash. Place each bite on the prepared baking sheet.
Sprinkle with a little more sugar and bake for about 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Caramel Mason Jar Lid... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Crawfish Étouffée 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Hot Cheese Shrimp Dip 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Pie 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Red Potato Smashies 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Mascarpone Tart 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Preserves 4.6/5 (17 Votes)